Full-Time, 1st Shift, Monday-Friday
Position: Operations Associate
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: President
Schedule: Full Time
General Description: To coordinate local scheduling and real-time operations which facilitate the maximization of resources to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Schedule and plan daily furniture deliveries and installations by evaluating space constraints of company trucks, available manpower (in-house and contracted), time constraints of customers and schedule of other contractors involved with each project.
- Facilitate vendor purchasing through creation of internal paperwork, calculation of lead times and coordination of concurrent vendor arrivals.
- Track and communicate order status with vendors, sales personnel, and clients to forecast delivery schedules and required resource allocation.
- Coordinate and verify accuracy of incoming deliveries from vendors and freight companies to ensure appropriate staffing (in-house and contracted) to receive shipments at the warehouse or applicable jobsite.
Additional Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Greet guests as they enter the showroom.
- Ensure accuracy of order acknowledgements to guarantee vendor production and shipment of orders as required by client specifications and deadlines.
- Supervise, manage and troubleshoot installation process, product issues, dilemmas and building access issues with installation crews.
- Conduct post-installation follow ups to ensure client satisfaction; proactive creation and execution of client punch-list items and resolving post sales issues.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate ongoing training and development of employees about sales order placement process.
- Deliver parts / products to clients/installation sites upon request.
- Maintains positive working relationships with sales, design and warehouse staff to ensure a streamlined, professional service experience for clients.
- Any other tasks as requested by the President.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field and/or 2 years related experience
- Ability to lift, with assistance, up to 75 lbs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to prioritize and respond to multiple individuals
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of WNY geography, routes, drive times
- Excellent customer service skills (phone, email, in person)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MidCity Office Furniture is a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise located in Buffalo, NY. We are a full service commercial office furniture dealership. Our dedication to our clients starts with offering the latest in style and innovation and extends to our exceptional customer service on every commercial furniture project. Our Team of experienced sales professionals and designers work with the needs, budget and style of our clients to help them achieve their vision for their office space. We provide our clients with space planning, interior design, installation and service on all the products we offer on jobs ranging from a single chair, file cabinet or table to complete furnishing of their entire office space no matter the size.